Sierra Nevada College
Sierra Nevada College in Incline Village, Nevada is a four-year private liberal arts college with graduate programs in teaching and leadership in Incline Village, Reno, and Las Vegas/Henderson. The liberal arts focus at SNC is coupled with a commitment to entrepreneurial thinking, professional preparedness and sustainability that runs throughout the curriculum. For over 40 years, Sierra Nevada College has been the only 4-year, private college in Nevada. Sierra Nevada College was founded in 1969 and is regionally accredited by Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU).
At Sierra Nevada College, we know what knowledge and skills are needed to make a difference in the classroom, the community and the world. The Master of Education in Teaching and Leadership degree is designed to meet the needs of teachers and military personnel who are seeking theory-to-practice leadership training combined with instruction on advanced teaching techniques. The college offers intellectual, educational, and cultural resources to its graduates and the communities of Nevada. To learn more about Sierra Nevada College, call 775.831.1314 or visit its website at www.sierranevada.edu.
Sierra Nevada College requires:
- Application for admission
- Two-Three page, typewritten Purpose Statement “Describe your current leadership role and how you anticipate this program will enhance this role in the classroom and your community.”
- Copy of teaching license (current)
- One official transcript showing a posted bachelor’s degree with an earned 3.0 grade point average (GPA).
- Official transcripts of any graduate coursework not shown on the bachelor’s transcript must also be submitted.
- Applicants with a GPA below a 3.0 are required to submit two).
Cohort style program schedule.
Nova Southeastern University
Welcome to Nova Southeastern University’s Fischler School of Education and Human Services: Las Vegas.
What you learn here and how you learn it will not only transform your life, but the lives of everyone around you. Serving nearly 15,000 students annually in many states and several foreign countries, Nova Southeastern University’s Fischler School of Education and Human Services is one of the largest schools of education at an accredited university in the United States.
When we opened our doors more than 35 years ago, we shattered the barriers of traditional learning, causing a ripple effect that can still be felt today. Online or on-site in Las Vegas, our ideas, our approach, and our programs —unique to Fischler-found nowhere else in the nation—inspire our students to inspire the people around them to move the world.
- Nova Southeastern University is the seventh largest not-for-profit independent institution of higher education in the United States.
- We host a variety of programs in Las Vegas that may culminate in Nevada licensure.
- We offer a variety of degree programs that focus on professional skills and teacher training.
- The Master of Science level offers 36 programs (including critical shortage, leadership, and STEM areas).
- The Doctor of Education program provides 11 concentrations.
- Students may qualify for the TEACH Grant through many of our programs.
To learn more about NSU-Fischler School of Education and Human Services, call (702) 868-3323 or visit its website at http://education.nova.edu/graduate/index.html
Nova Southeastern University requires:
- Completed NSU admission application packet to include Nevada Student Enrollment Agreement as well as the Discount Alliance Form (included in the admission packet.
- Official transcripts from all previously attended academic institutions. An official transcript indicating conferral of a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution is required.
- A minimum 2.5 cumulative grade point average (CGPA) is required for all students. Applicants who do not meet the 2.5 CGPA requirement must submit Graduate Record Exam (GRE) scores (a combined score of 1000 for the verbal and quantitative scales only).
- If the applicant does not meet the minimum 2.5 GPA or GRE score requirement, the applicant may enroll in a maximum of six (6) credit hours and must earn a grade of B or better in each course during the first term of enrollment for conditional admission. Students who do not earn a grade of B or better in each course will be subject to dismissal from the program.
- Valid NV permanent teaching license.
- Educational Leadership applicants must submit an official verification letter documenting a minimum of two (2) years of teaching experience in a K-12 school. This letter must be provided by the applicant’s school district.
Touro University Nevada is a private Jewish institution that maintains a School of Education that is WASC
accredited and all licensure programs are approved by the Nevada State Department of Education. Online and
site based programs are tailored to working teachers who are seeking a Masters Degree. Students receive new
educational teaching techniques, strategies, and information that can be applied directly to the classroom.
Students have access to excellent adjunct and full-time faculty who stay abreast of new pedagogy and respect
professional educators as experienced learners. Instructional time is maximized by instructors and enhanced by
on site campus technology and smart classrooms. Class sizes are usually small which increases the instructor’s
time with the individual student.
Touro University requires:
- Application is completed online and the contact is Charles Buckner.
- No application fee
- No transcripts
Cohort style program schedule.