Nova Southeastern University
Welcome to Nova Southeastern University’s Fischler School of Education and Human Services: Las Vegas.
What you learn here and how you learn it will not only transform your life, but the lives of everyone around you. Serving nearly 15,000 students annually in many states and several foreign countries, Nova Southeastern University’s Fischler School of Education and Human Services is one of the largest schools of education at an accredited university in the United States.
When we opened our doors more than 35 years ago, we shattered the barriers of traditional learning, causing a ripple effect that can still be felt today. Online or on-site in Las Vegas, our ideas, our approach, and our programs —unique to Fischler-found nowhere else in the nation—inspire our students to inspire the people around them to move the world.
- Nova Southeastern University is the seventh largest not-for-profit independent institution of higher education in the United States.
- We host a variety of programs in Las Vegas that may culminate in Nevada licensure.
- We offer a variety of degree programs that focus on professional skills and teacher training.
- The Master of Science level offers 36 programs (including critical shortage, leadership, and STEM areas).
- The Doctor of Education program provides 11 concentrations.
- Students may qualify for the TEACH Grant through many of our programs.
To learn more about NSU-Fischler School of Education and Human Services, call (702) 868-3323 or visit its website at http://education.nova.edu/graduate/index.html
Nova Southeastern University requires:
- Completed NSU admission application packet to include Nevada Student Enrollment Agreement as well as the Discount Alliance Form (included in the admission packet.
- Official transcripts from all previously attended academic institutions. An official transcript indicating conferral of a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution is required.
- A minimum 2.5 cumulative grade point average (CGPA) is required for all students. Applicants who do not meet the 2.5 CGPA requirement must submit Graduate Record Exam (GRE) scores (a combined score of 1000 for the verbal and quantitative scales only).
- If the applicant does not meet the minimum 2.5 GPA or GRE score requirement, the applicant may enroll in a maximum of six (6) credit hours and must earn a grade of B or better in each course during the first term of enrollment for conditional admission. Students who do not earn a grade of B or better in each course will be subject to dismissal from the program.
- Valid NV permanent teaching license.
- Educational Leadership applicants must submit an official verification letter documenting a minimum of two (2) years of teaching experience in a K-12 school. This letter must be provided by the applicant’s school district.